Here’s why dental implants help you feel like yourself again:
- Implants don’t decay: One of the best features of dental implants is that they never get cavities with good oral hygiene and preventive dental care every six months.
- Prevents bone deterioration: Dental implants keep the bone cells from deteriorating, which can lead to a gradual facial collapse.
- Easy to clean: Dental implants require the same care as your natural teeth. You no longer need to detach any oral device or dental appliance since they are permanently attached to your gums.
- Durable and long-lasting. Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. A ceramic crown, on the other hand, typically lasts 10 to 20 years.
- Chewing and biting become more convenient: Patients with dental implants enjoy eating without food restrictions.
- Prevents the impact of tooth loss on your oral health: Dental implants help keep your teeth aligned and prevent bone deterioration.
- Boosts self-esteem: Dental implants eliminate feelings of embarrassment due to tooth loss and boost your self-image and confidence.
Dr. McLellan is a highly trained, well-skilled, and very experienced dental implant provider. Having trained at NYU in Dental Implantology, he’s a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and is a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Most importantly, Dr. McLellan has a long list of happy, smiling patients who are thrilled with their results.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants provide a safe and effective way to replace one or several missing teeth. They are small posts or screws, usually made from biocompatible titanium, surgically inserted into the gums and jawbone where a tooth has been lost. Rather than just replacing the crown or the visible portion of the tooth-like bridges and dentures, dental implants replace the tooth root — an essential part of a healthy functioning smile and jawbone.
Once healed, dental implants can prevent jawbone deterioration and actually stimulate new bone and tissue growth around the implant. This creates a healthier foundation for your smile. Dental implants serve as anchors for life-like restorations that look, feel, and function just like natural teeth.
Am I A Candidate?
Patients must meet a set of requirements to ensure that a dental implant is the best treatment option. Some patients might not qualify due to bone issues like jawbone deterioration or other underlying conditions. Your initial consultation and oral exam will help us assess your dental condition to ensure a successful and safe dental implant treatment.